Application & Enrollment
Applications must include the following:
- Signed copy of the enrollment form
- Certified copy of diploma or a copy of the graduate certificate for graduate and undergraduate studies
- Official transcripts with GPA for graduate and undergraduate studies
- For candidates that studied abroad, a document of official recognition of foreign diploma
In addition to the above documents, applications must include:
- work plan or research plan (max 300 words or 2,000 characters)
- letter of intent (max 300 words or 2,000 characters)
- bibliography (if the candidate has published articles or other publications)
- other supporting documents (GMAT or GRE scores)
- awards and recognition
Students with a master’s degree or those have completed a certificate programme and a previous undergraduate programme must enclose certification of the academic requirements completed in the programme at the higher education institution they were enrolled in, and an official copy of certified and valid syllabuses for the courses and other activities through which they completed their academic requirements.
Work Plan / Research Plan
The research plan must reflect an understanding of scientific research and include a description of the issue that the candidate intends to explore and justification for research. Is it a new area of research? Is there an application of existing research to new information? Has the subject been research but requires additional empirical confirmation or evidence? How will the answer contribute to the development of science in the field of research? Is this a case study or qualitative or quantitative research methods?
Letter of Intent
The letter of intent should include the following:
- reasons for applying to the doctoral programme;
- willingness and determination to complete study;
- study expectations;
- potential for career development;
- personal commitments, hobbies, interest;
- for parttime students, an explanation of coordination of the study programme with work and family.
Deadline for application and enrollment
Candidates must apply no later than June 21, 2013.
Application may be either personally submitted to the Doctoral Studies Department, or submitted by mail to:
Faculty of Economics
Doctoral Studies Unit
Kardeljeva pl. 17
Candidates that have submitted an application will be contacted to schedule the oral exam, which will be held within 14 days.
Registration will be held till September 30, 2013 at the FELU.