European Documentation Centre
- Receives official documents, publications, and other materials on a daily basis from EU institutions (Commission, Parliament, Councils, Courts, Agencies) and catalogs and indexes them in accordance with international standards
- Provides access to accurate, timely, and objective information about the EU, its institutions, policies, programmes, and academic integration process to interested users.
- Was established by an agreement between the European Commission and the Faculty of Economics, University of Ljubljana in 1990.
- Is an active member of the Information Network of Documentation Centres, which the Commission established in the early 1960s, and includes EDCs in selected universities and research institutions both in the European Union and beyond.
- It is part of the Europe Direct Information Network , which also consists of EDC's information centers and members of Team Europe.
- Is a member of the Research Infrastructural Centres Network, University of Ljubljana.
- Services and operations of the Centre are co-financed by the Slovenian Research Agency.
To assist members of the University and research institutions with teach and research processes on European issues and EU policies, while promoting active participation in debates on European issues and enabling access to information resources of the EU for educators, researchers, and students, as well as other interested groups.