Application and Enrollment
Entry requirements for the first year of study at the Faculty of Economics
Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship and foreign citizens who have completed secondary education abroad can enrol in the first year of study at the Faculty of Economics if they meet the following conditions:
- they have completed four-years of secondary school and
- they have completed the procedure for the recognition of foreign secondary school credentials or diplomas and have received a Decision on the Recognition of Foreign Education allowing the continuation of their education in higher education institutions.
The APPLICATION FORM is available at http://www.vpis.uni-lj.si/ under FOREIGNERS.
The application and admission procedure for enrolment into the first year of undergraduate study is performed by The Higher Education Application and Information Service of the University of Ljubljana and for all detailed information please see contacts below:
Application and Admission Procedure
- APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR ENROLMENT INTO THE FIRST YEAR OF STUDIES FOR SLOVENIAN CITIZENS WITH HIGH SCHOOL EDUCATION ABROAD AND FOREIGN CITIZENS OF THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION,
- APPLICATION AND ADMISSION PROCEDURE FOR ENROLMENT INTO THE FIRST YEAR OF STUDIES FOR SLOVENIANS WITHOUT SLOVENIAN CITIZENSHIP AND FOREGIN CITIZENS FROM COUNTRIES THAT ARE NOT MEMBER STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION.
Recognition of education process
Foreign citizens who have completed undergraduate study programme abroad may enrol in the first year of the Bologna Master’s study programme if they complete the procedure of recognition of foreign undergraduate education. The decision of recognition can be obtained through the University of Ljubljana, with the submission of:
- N Form (English or Slovene version) - Application for the Recognition of Education for the Purpose of Continued Studies
- the original document on education or its identical copy or any other document replacing the original document in accordance with the laws of the country that issued the original document that the applicant wants recognized,
The original of the final certificate(s) representing the general requirement for access to higher education in the country of issue, legalized on the basis of:
- The 1961 Hague Convention (at the court with territorial jurisdiction where the certificate or diploma was issued); with a properly completed apostille form affixed, or
- The Authentication of Documents in International Traffic Act.
State parties to the 1961 Hague Convention can be found at this website:
- a photocopy of the document(s) referred to in the first Indent,
- a certified Slovenian translation of the document(s) referred to in the first Indent,
For a list of authorized translators see this website: http://www2.gov.si/mp/tol_cen.nsf/(WebTolmaci)
- annual report cards, transcripts, a Diploma Supplement or any other certificate(s) of the content and duration of education,
- a short chronological description of the entire education process prepared by the candidate in Slovenian or in English.
All the documents mentioned above must be sent to the following address:
- University of Ljubljana
- Kongresni trg 12
- 1000 Ljubljana
- “priznavanje izobraževanja”
(mark the envelope with this)
The process lasts approximately two months from submitting a complete application. You can get more information about the process of recognition of education from:
Important: For citizens of countries outside the EU: The recognition procedure takes up to two months and therefore all the documents should be sent to the recognition office as soon as you receive them. All the documents (N form + all documents) should be sent by the application deadline.
For details on the application procedure, please visit:
Tel. office hours:
Monday, Wednesday: 10:00 am to 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm to 3:00 pm,
Friday: 10:00 am to 12:00 noon
Tel.: +386 1 241 8595
Fax: +386 1 241 8645
Personal appointments: upon written request