Enrolment application for study and Recognition procedure
Call for Enrolment for Undergraduate studies – Apply now!
Call for Enrolment in First Cycle study programmes for Academic Year 2015/2016 is published.
For EU Member States Citizens:
- The first application is to be submitted between February 5 and March 5, 2015.
- The second application lasts from August 21 to August 28, 2015.
- The third application lasts from October 1 to October 5, 2015.
- Applications for enrolment should be submitted between February 5 and June 1, 2015.
- The third application deadline will be from October 1 to 5, 2015.
General entry requirements
- Completed Enrolment application for study within the deadlines that are defined by the annual Call for enrollment (published in late January for the upcoming academic year)
- Completed Recognition procedure with a view to access to education in the Republic of Slovenia (issued Decision on recognition of foreign education for access to study programmes in Slovenian higher education; fulfilled Admission criteria: four-years of secondary school)
Enrolment application for study
The application and admission procedure for enrolment into the first year of undergraduate study is performed by The Higher Education Application and Information Service of the University of Ljubljana.
Candidates should apply for enrolment slots announced in the annual Call for Enrolment on portal eVŠ: http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?locale=en
- Application and Admission Procedure for CITIZENS OF THE REBUBLIC OF SLOVENIA AND CITIZENS OF THE MEMBER STATES OF THE EU,
- Application and Admission Procedure for SLOVENIANS WITHOUT A SLOVENIAN CITIZENSHIP AND FOREIGN CITIZENS FROM COUNTRIES THAT ARE NOT MEMBER STATES OF THE EU. *
* Note an exception: Foreign, non EU citizens who themselves or their parents are taxpayers in the Republic of Slovenia and who have a permanent residence in the Republic of Slovenia should apply for enrolment slots announced for citizens of the Republic of Slovenia and citizens of the member states of the European Union.
Candidates accepted will be able to enrol according to due dates determined in the Call for enrolment for each study year. Detailed information for each application period and different applicants (EU citizens/non EU citizens) are given in the links above.
Information on Application and Admission Procedure for Foreign CitizensMON, WED: from 9.00 to 11.00 and from 14.00 to 15.00
FRI: from 9.00 to 11.00
- University of Ljubljana
The Higher Education Application and Information Service
- Kongresni trg 12, p. p. 524
- 1000 Ljubljana
- Office hours:
- Monday, Wednesday: 9.00 - 11.00 and 14:00 - 15:00,
- Friday: 9.00 do 11.00
- Tanja Žužek
- Tel.: +386 1 2418 505
- Fax: +386 1 2418 671
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Alenka Šuligoj
- Tel.: +386 1 2418 508
- Fax: +386 1 2418 671
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Recognition of foreign education is regulated by the Act on Assessment and Recognition of Education with regard to international and bilateral agreements concluded between the Republic of Slovenia and other countries.
Recognition with a view to access to education in the Republic of Slovenia is a procedure whereby, in the course of enrolment, holders of foreign certificates and diplomas are issued decisions on recognition of their education for access to study programmes in Slovenian higher education.
Candidates applying to undergraduate programmes have to follow the Procedure for recognition of foreign senior secondary school certificates for admission to the 1st year of first cycle and long master study programmes, described in the link below:
The decision of recognition can be obtained through the University of Ljubljana, with the submission of:
- An application for recognition of education with a view to education, completed in compliance with the instructions - N form (attached) or available also on web site http://www.uni-lj.si/study/useful_information/recognition_of_foreign_education/
- The original of the certificate or diploma to be recognized or some other document replacing the original according to the law of the issuing country.
The original of the certificate or diploma must be legalized on the basis of the 1961 Hague Convention (at the court with territorial jurisdiction where the
certificate or diploma has been issued); with properly filled in apostille form affixed.
The original of the final certificate(s) representing the general requirement for access to higher education in the country of issue, legalized on the basis of:
- The 1961 Hague Convention (at the court with territorial jurisdiction where the certificate or diploma was issued); with a properly completed apostille form affixed, or
- The Authentication of Documents in International Traffic Act.
State parties to the 1961 Hague Convention can be found at this website:
- Copy of the certificate or diploma.
- A certified Slovene/English translation of the certificate or diploma referred to in point 2. For a list of authorized translators see this website: http://www2.gov.si/mp/tol_cen.nsf/(WebTolmaci)
- Annual report cards, transcripts, a diploma supplement or some other evidence on the contents and duration of education.
- A short chronological description of the entire education prepared by the applicant.
The procedure takes up to two months following the day the application has been completed, therefore we strongly suggest that candidates start the procedure as soon as
possible. The required documents need to be sent to:
Univerza v Ljubljani
Za priznavanje srednješolskih spričeval
Kongresni trg 12
Please note! If the holder of a foreign certificate or diploma is a minor, the applicant shall be his/her legal guardian. If the holder of a foreign certificate or diploma or his/her legal guardian has granted a power of attorney, the applicant shall be the individual given the power of attorney.
You can get more information regarding the recognition procedure at:
Recognition Office of the University of Ljubljana, Kongresni trg 12, 1000 Ljubljana,
phone: +386 (1) 241-85-95; e-mail: email@example.com