- To acquaint students with the role of operations business function for efficient and effective performance of an organization.
- Gain an insight into the management of operations process as a transformational process and into the strategic role of operations.
- Present basic decisions within operations business function.
- Give an overview of methods, approaches, techniques and concepts used for effective organizing, planning and control of operations and assure their understanding.
1. Introduction to operations management
2. Strategic role of operations
3. Layout of facilities
4. Operations planning and control system
6. Facilities decisions
7. Aggregate planning
8. Master production scheduling
9. Independent demand inventory
10. Materials requirements planning
11. Shop floor scheduling and control
12. Managing quality