Corporate Finance 1
1. The role of corporate finance, the goal of the firm, stakeholders.
2. Time value of money.
3. Valuation of stocks and bonds.
4. Risk and return: portfolio theory, efficiency of capital markets, the CAPM, risk and bond returns.
5. Capital budgeting: cash flow estimation, cost of capital, risk.
6. Financial decisions: capital structure, leverage, payout policy.
7. Long-term financing decisions: common stock, long-term debt, lease and preferred stock financing.
8. Working capital: working capital policy and financing, cash cycle, cash and marketable securities, inventory, accounts receivable, accounts payable, short-term financing.
9. Additional topics.